We've been running Rocket for well over 10 years. We've tried running it from tons of formations. Unbalanced sets are great... especially when the defense doesn't adjust. However, we've been most successful from Red/Blue. Simple adjustments to the SE's alignment have been really effective.

Questions: What formation has been the most successful for you and why?

We love running it from our "Ends" formation, which is 2 SEs on the same side. We also love running Jet & Buck Sweep from the same formation. With the FB aligned normally, your identity is not lost & the defense must respect the FB game.

We have hit some great plays with a No Motion Rocket out of what we call a WEAK Set

X OT OG C OG OT TE

LH Q

RH FB

RH just takes an open step and runs on the snap. FB goes away. Obviously we can play with the X's split and crack as well.

We have hit some great plays with a No Motion Rocket out of what we call a WEAK Set

X OT OG C OG OT TE

LH Q

RH FB

RH just takes an open step and runs on the snap. FB goes away. Obviously we can play with the X's split and crack as well.

We love this formation vs. 3-3 stack teams, 4-4 teams, and teams who key motion or read guards.

OK, fellas you want to have some fun with no-mo rockets?? (I call it TOSS because there is no motion involved ). I attached a playsheet..........this is done out of my BUNCH look (River is RT and LAKE is LT)...........it is the bottom play. That BEAR / BULL Jet on the top is a fun thing also...LOL

Also, some of you need to break down and learn MY formation system.............would make your life much easier, AND it is great fun to aggravate the heck out of opposing "D's"

Play Call Explanation:

1.) A Joker (*note WB coming over is always outside in formation system) "Joker" means A WB is faking a JET!!

2.) TOSS.....means a NO-MO Rocket

3.) 38..........3 designates FB; 8 designates right flank direction

4.) G Tan is the block. G pulls and gets upfield when he smells daylight; TAN tells PST to evade and climb to LBer

enjoy

oce

Bear Jet & Joker Toss.pdf

Coach Elrod,

Coach Moore installed jet for us at a Chuck Klausing Camp in 99', I have been running it since. I have some of your materials and heard you speak, but do not know your formation system. I am up for anything to make running a lot of formations easy on our kids. Do you have that information available to purchase?

Coach Elrod,

Coach Moore installed jet for us at a Chuck Klausing Camp in 99', I have been running it since. I have some of your materials and heard you speak, but do not know your formation system. I am up for anything to make running a lot of formations easy on our kids. Do you have that information available to purchase?

it is in books...............latest version is on DVD # 4; I made a couple small changes from the books.

secret to the formation system is (2) things

1.) signal made with (1) hand is a Right formation type; with (2) hands is a LEFT type

2.) Formation is NEVER called in huddle by QB; we signal in, and other players make the call; till QB steps in with play and snap.

Formation system is "word based" (about 15-16 words) and make a ton of formations.............I mean a ton, and I always used a bunch.

wes

Coaches,

Do you ever run into a situation with so many formations that you also cannot predict the defensive alignment? We love the idea of formations to force the defense into confusion, but it also leads to confusion on our end. How do you fight that? I appreciate any help!

Coaches,

Do you ever run into a situation with so many formations that you also cannot predict the defensive alignment? We love the idea of formations to force the defense into confusion, but it also leads to confusion on our end. How do you fight that? I appreciate any help!

OUTSIDE COUNT!!..........................tried and tested!! Because you NEVER know how they will align EVEN if you use just a couple of formations

oce