Tackle Trap from Leo

jcannata

Hi Coach,

We have done it both ways.  I like it a little better to the wingback with the Halfback (diveback position) faking a NO-MO Rocket.  Since this was a formation that we would run a ton of that NO-MO Rocket out of, we found that teams saw the Halfback outside releasing and their LBs would flow outside... I suppose if you ran more BELLY out of the formation than it would be just as good giving the ball to that Halfback.

I also like running tackle trap from this formation & prefer to run it with the wingback. We run No-Mo Toss & Belly out of that formation along with counters back the other way. I like most tackle traps to the set halfback because it hits faster, but I try to run it about any formation possible. What is your favorite formations to run tackle trap from?

8 hours ago, TackleTrap02 said:

I also like running tackle trap from this formation & prefer to run it with the wingback. We run No-Mo Toss & Belly out of that formation along with counters back the other way. I like most tackle traps to the set halfback because it hits faster, but I try to run it about any formation possible. What is your favorite formations to run tackle trap from?

I was thinking we could run it from our minus (FB weak) look from red/blue, fake jet weak and have FB run the trap back strong, I like it against an under front.