simple passing concepts

coachmot

Coaches these are a couple simple pass concepts that we have used in our wing t.  The first is our Sting concepts.  Its the Cobleigh quick passing game.  We call a route to the split end.  Either a slant, hitch, out, or fly.  If the QB likes it he throws it and if he doesnt like it he boots away.  Some of our best plays have been the TE when he boots.  The entire line is slide blocking.  

The 2nd one is our hornet concept.  We want to hit the Split end on the very shallow drag route.  He bascially runs right behind the D Line.  Again its full slide protection.  

I'm looking to add some other very simple concepts.  Especially ones that work with multiple wing t formations.  Any suggestions?

IMG_2504[1].JPG

• 6 months later...
On 12/20/2021 at 4:48 PM, coachmot said:

Coaches these are a couple simple pass concepts that we have used in our wing t.  The first is our Sting concepts.  Its the Cobleigh quick passing game.  We call a route to the split end.  Either a slant, hitch, out, or fly.  If the QB likes it he throws it and if he doesnt like it he boots away.  Some of our best plays have been the TE when he boots.  The entire line is slide blocking.  

The 2nd one is our hornet concept.  We want to hit the Split end on the very shallow drag route.  He bascially runs right behind the D Line.  Again its full slide protection.  

I'm looking to add some other very simple concepts.  Especially ones that work with multiple wing t formations.  Any suggestions?

IMG_2504[1].JPG

I like the sting, did your qb struggle with this at all.  I tried this concept from spread gun a few years and the qb was guessing most of the time.