Sign in to follow this  
Karjaw

In the Championship

Coaches

We won our Semi final last night 47 to 36. We rushed close to 500yds. Whats funny is how people here are killing my offense on social media and the media. Calling it antiquated because last week we won 2 to 0 and now upsetting the number 1 seed it is a powerful offense once again.

This antiquated offense has placed me in the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years and now vying for my 2nd championship as well. 

Keep winging it 

Coach Wright 

We in State title game also with the same antiquated offense LOL !!!!!

Jim.......too heck with all the rushing stuff. Tell us about the 2-0 game!!! LMAO

oce

We won our first round game.  Tried everything we could do to lose it...penalties, turnovers, missed assignments, etc.  Down 13-0 at the half, won 18-13.  Ran it 60 times, threw it twice.  This is the first playoff win in the history of the program.  A huge mental barrier was overcome.

Nice Work Jim....   After last season I was told we need to look at something different (spread).   I decided that I wasn't going down that road again and decided to retire.    Needless to say they only have one win against a poor team.  In the other 6 losses they've only scored 1 TD.   I will never coach anything but the wing if I coach again!

Coaches

Thanks Guys.

Spread them out is all we ever hear. What is fascinating to me is that I did just that (SEE PREVIOUS POST) and we got our butts kicked by teams we normally blow out. Here is the funny thing: The fans did not care we were losing. They were ecstatic over the fact we were in a new offense like everyone else in our league. 

Everyone is spread here and only three out of our entire league finished with winning records. All the rest had losing records. 

WHY WING IT?

1. Especially on HS level this offense is the best. Unless you have a consistent talent stream of athletes you are probably stuck with the hand that is dealt you.

2. Any quarterback type works: Runner? Yes Thrower? Yes  Can't throw? Yes   Can't Run? Yes

3. Guarantees your athletes touch the ball. The other night I am watching Dez Bryant going up to anyone who would listen to him having a fit about only having the ball thrown to him 2 times. Best athlete only touching the ball 2 times!! Not in this offense I make sure not only do my best athletes touch the ball 2 times. I can GUARANTEE IT more than 2 times. Because we just turnaround and hand it to him.

4. Systematic Approach to Play calling. This approach allows my QB to call the offense from LOS. Yes the entire offense from LOS. It is that simple that a 16yr old kid is calling it. 

5. Put speed in space. What an misunderstood comment. What if you do not have speed and they do? Spread out spreads out their speed and puts it in space. Wing takes all their speed in brings it in. No speed in space for them means the limited speed you have will have a bigger space to run in. In other words do not worry about speed in space. Worry about making more space outside for your speed to run in.

Hey! Take it from a guy who has done it all and has learned the hard way......Just keep on WINGING IT!!!

The question is not WHY WING IT? It is Why would you NOT WING IT?

Coach Wright

Congrats Coach.  Love that you are running the Wing still.  I too coach in NY but Im upstate.  Not a hybrid guy but a double tight double winger (love all variants of wing T though).  Your success is an inspiration to me as I see you have been at the same school and really built it up over the long haul.  I was pretty successfull at my first stop (small school) but my current situation has been tough.  8 years in and we have taken a program that was at the bottom of the barrell and now we make playoffs nearly every year.  But we have been stuck in "competitive" mode for the last few years.  Still looking to break through.  Glad to see someone else has done just that over the long haul.  I keep telling myself that patience and consistency are key.  Good luck in the playoffs. 

What school you at coach?

Coach

That is just under 5 hours north of us. Great area in the state for football. 

keep winging it,

Coach Wright

Tuckahoe is about 40 minutes south of us.

We lost 33 to 6. 4X champ in a row.

Keep on winging it.

Coach Wright

Coach

Thanks!