Sign in to follow this  
buckeye7525

Sugar Huddle/Sprint to LOS

So, I've never been a guy who really likes the idea of sprinting to the ball and trying to snap it within 3-4 seconds of breaking the huddle.  I didn't want my OL seeing a picture that was probably unsteady with the DL moving everywhere to try and get set.  

However, the team we play this week does just that and in watching scout film it really seems to screw with a defense.  

How many people in hear use a Sugar/Short Huddle (huddling 3 yds from LOS) or are in a full sprint to the LOS and getting the play run ASAP?  What are your thoughts on it? 

We have done it.  We should do it more often.  We run no mo rocket and belly when we do that.  We mix it up and do not do this consistently so we often catch the defense on its heels.  

Nick, how far do you line up your Huddle?  

Do you ever have any issues with Belly in the OL making an On or a Cross Block Call (G Scheme)?  Belly is the one play that really worries me to do that with.  

Base Blocking belly is the Hybrid Way in my opinion and i swear by it LOL........

Ok, that's the concern I have.  We have some stuff we still call at the LOS in terms of blocking assignments (Waggle/Belly) and I'm worried that the speed at which the ball would be snapped would mess that up.